Choosing the kitchen fitter is as important as choosing the fixtures and appliances to go with your kitchen. It is important that you do your best to research them first so that you can really select the best. The best choice kitchen installation company in your area can only be discovered if you know what things you should look for. This article will help guide you into knowing which among the available kitchen fitters can do the best job for your kitchen.
• Qualifications and Experience – The first thing that you should look for is their ability to do their job. They should be able to prove that they know what they are doing. You also have to know their experience so ask them how long they have been doing this kind of job. You shouldn’t also just believe in what they tell you. You have to do your research and find out if what they are selling is true. Sometimes, there are companies who claim things that aren’t really true so you better confirm it before hiring them. Checking them can be done by doing a little research online. Most of the trade associations that they may mention list out their members so that it would be easy for clients like you to confirm.
• Recommendations – Another thing to look for in your kitchen fitters is recommendations. It can come from your friends, family or other people that you know. You can also try and find out if they are recommended by the professionals. There are also testimonials about the previous work that they did. Just be careful about the reviews that you can find on their own website because they might be just created to attract more customers. If your kitchen fitter doesn’t have any samples of their previous work, then you should be careful in dealing with them because they might just be faking it.
• In-house Fitters VS Independent Fitters – Most of the places where you buy your kitchen have their own in-house fitting team that can help put up your kitchen. The great thing about them is that they really know what they are doing and how to install their products because it is their products. The only thing you should watch out for is the price of their services. Most of the time, they charge more than what an independent company would charge. Although there are some reputable independent companies, there are also others who may not know exactly how to troubleshoot problems in the installation when they face one.
• Extra Charges – Everyone hates it when they get charged with an extra just because it needs to be done. You have to consider the possibility of having extra charge when they deal with your plumbing, electrical wirings or gas. These may not always be included in the initial quotation.
• Quotes and Schedules – It is important that you get your kitchen quoted before the process begins so that you can prepare just how much it would really cost. You also need to know about the schedule of how long and when they are going to work in your house.